Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Newness is addictive

I am a child of the seventies.  I thought I had it rough, compared to kids today but let me tell you one thing.  These kids and some of us adults are addicted to the newness.  The newness of everything. From clothes, to furniture, to houses, to cars, to bars, to sports, and yes to each other.  Why must we be allowed by some force that surely isn't nice... to feel the most wonderful feeling in the world.  Then to spend forever trying to find it again.  Whether it is a friend or buddy or lover...sometimes people just click. For the most part thought, we are addicted to the newness of a relationship and what people will do for us and what we can do for them and the things we like to do together.  We will try almost anything because that person is new.  Whereas the person you were last involved with you would not try new things, like a raw oyster.  But today you will easily eat a dozen.  Go figure that one out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. It’s interesting how kids and adults are the same, the quest for something new, I think, human nature. I also think being content is what drives us. A person discontent looks for something new, different, something more exciting. Not eating oysters, then eating a dozen, seems to come with pleasing a person, and who, when not new, would not want to?

    ReplyDelete