Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Swallowing Golf balls

Have you ever had the feeling of a golf ball stuck in your throat?  It has happened to me at the exact moment that something weird happens and my chest tightens up also.  When feelings overwhelm me and I begin second guessing why I even allow myself to get worked up about something I have no control over.  Then I remember that I do have control over me.  I can choose to spit the golf ball out or to continue to try to swallow it.  I will surely choke if I continue to try and swallow something I can not even begin to understand.  The safe option would be to spit it out and walk away.  However I think I can spit it out and evaluate the problem at hand and realize there is a time and place for everything.  The golf balls need to be left on the golf course.  The past needs to be left in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment