Thursday, October 7, 2010

caring for the cubs

My mother, bless her departed soul, taught me and my sister and half brother survival skills.  We know how to make money even if we don’t have a job.  We know how to get food, even though we have no money.  We can keep our lights and water on without that green paper called cash. 
I am glad that we have not had to do most of those things recently. (not since I was 16 , some 24 yrs back).  If the need arose however, we could do it.  And we would not hesitate to do these things to care for our family.  I am not pleased to say my mother took advantage of many a man to feed and clothe her children.  She was married 9 times and divorced 8.  Of course there were lots of UNCLES in between…if you get my drift.
My wonderful mother also had no problem admitting when she needed a break.  She would make sure we were in capable hands and off she would go on a solitary adventure.
I guess I am really and truly my mothers daughter....I am ready to run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment